Culturing Dendritic cells from CD34+ cells

stalib at stalib at
Tue Jun 17 11:24:14 EST 1997

I am a doctoral student at Roswell Park in Buffalo and am currently
trying to culture Dendritic cells from CD34+ cells.
I am using Iscove's DMEM media  supplemented with 10% FBS and the
following cytokines, 100ng/ml GM-CSF and stem cell factor and 50ng/ml of

I would like to know what conditions are best for culturing dendritic
cells. For eg. media, serum type (human vs bovine), concentration of
used, days of culturing, etc. Also how many cells should I start out iwht
and how many cells will I get in the end.

Any help is really appreciated.