Immunoprecipitation and immunohistochemitry help required

S.D. Wainwright ogsdw at
Mon Mar 3 10:27:50 EST 1997

Dear all

I have a monoclonal antibody (IgG2b) raised against a peptide
and it immunoblots very well. However, it does not immunopreciptiate
from TX100 lysates and I have had very weak immunoprecipitation results
from 2% SDS cell lysates diluted to 0.1% SDS.  The antibody does not
work on acetone fixed frozen tissue sections but there is some reactivity
when the sections are treated with urea.

I would be very greatful if someone could give me some ideas on
how to get this antibody to immunoprecipitate well and work consistantly
on tissue sections.

With thanks

Shane Wainwright