antigen retrieval for immunohistochemistry

milen milen at
Wed Mar 12 10:08:12 EST 1997

Greetings All:

I would like to setup an immunochemisrty procedure using formalin-fixed,
paraffin-wax embedded tissue and I am looking for advice(or reference)
about microwave oven antigen retrieval procedure.
The follwoing questions are most important for me.
1. which is the best adhesive for the sections to be treated with microwaves
in citrate buffer.
2. is poly-L-lysysine an adequate adhesive for this purpose.
3. is it possible to transfer tissue sections already mounted to adhesive
non-treated slides to adhesive treated slides without loss of quality.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Milen Vassilev MD
Clinic of Gastroenterology
Univ. Hosp. "St Ivan Rilskii"
15, D.Nestorov str.,