Variance in individual response to allergen, what accounts for it?

Guy Hermans ghermans at
Fri Mar 28 10:06:00 EST 1997

In article <5he7kj$cdf at>, melboon
<mhance at> wrote:

> This may be a pitifully basic question, but what I'd like to know is what
> accounts for the differences among individuals in a population to their
> leukocytes, or are there just wide variances in leukocyte repertoires
> amongst individuals, or cytokine production differences, or all of the
> above? Any help is sincerely appreciated.  MHance at erol'

First answer: all of the above - and you forgot the MHC
Second one: nobody really knows!

Guy Hermans, PhD student
  Ms research Unit              Immunology research group
  Dr. L. Willems-Institute      Dept. of Physiology, LUC
  University Campus             University Campus
  B-3590 Diepenbeek             B-3590 Diepenbeek
  Belgium                       Belgium
Voice  ++32(0)11/26.92.07
Fax    ++32(0)11/26.92.09