Laboratory Robotics Interest Group meeting

Andy Zaayenga zaayenga at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 15 09:51:05 EST 1997

The Laboratory Robotics Interest Group

Topical Group of the North Jersey
American Chemical Society
June 1997 Meeting

The officers of the Laboratory Robotics Interest Group are pleased to
announce:

The Third Annual Vendor's Night

Date:        Thursday, June 19, 1997
Place:       The Morris Room
                 The Embassy Suites Hotel
                 Route 202
                 Parsippany, New Jersey
Time:       5:00 to 8:30 PM
Pre-Registration: not required

Extensive hors d'oeuvre, courtesy of the vendors, will be available as
well as a cash bar.
The proceeds from this vendor funded exhibition are also used to finance
mailings and pay for various costs of running the group. In this way the
LRIG can operate without collecting dues. Please support the group by
attending this informative and entertaining meeting. Twenty to
twenty-five vendors of laboratory automation software and hardware will
be present, demonstrating their latest products and services. Last
year's Vendor's Night was extremely successful and we hope to surpass
that turnout. For vendor registration and more information contact Ed
Kanczewski, Vice Chairman, or any of the LRIG officers listed below.

There will be rooms available for attendees who wish to stay overnight.

Note: If you are receiving this mailer in paper form, please get your
email address to us if possible!

The Officers:

Chairman:
Dennis France
dennis.france at pharma.novartis.com
Novartis
(201)503-6030

Vice Chairman:
Ed Kanczewski
kanczee at aa.wl.com
Warner-Lambert
 (201)540-6479

Secretary:
Andy Zaayenga
zaayenga at ix.netcom.com
Zymark Corporation
 (908)302-1038

Treasurer:
William Haller
bhaller at ompus.jnj.com
Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical
 (908)218-6341

The LRIG web site is still evolving! Check us out at
http://www.netcom.com/~zaayenga/
We offer meeting announcements, a message board, and career
opportunities. There are also many links to industry related meetings
and conferences, automation web sites, newsgroups, manufacturers,
consultants, and our members' companies. Email is becoming very
important to us as we try to keep mailing costs down. If you have an
email address, please either log on to the web site and leave us a
message or send email to zaayenga at ix.netcom.com.
Coming soon will be our web page name change, probably to
http://www.lab-robotics.org !

Mark your calendars! The next meeting is September 24, 1997.

DIRECTIONS:

Embassy Suites Hotel
909 Parsippany Blvd.
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tel: (201)334-1440
Fax:(201)402-1188

>From George Washington Bridge: Route 80 West to exit #43 (Morristown /
Boonton). Stay to the extreme right following Route 46 - Parsippany
signs. At fork,bear right. At stop sign turn left onto Smith Road. At
traffic light, turn left onto Route 46 West. Make right at first light
onto Route 202 North / Parsippany Blvd. Hotel on right.

>From Newark Airport: Route 78 West to Route 24 West. Route 24 West to
the end to Route 287 North. Follow directions below from "Route 287
Northbound".

>From Route 287 South: Take exit #42 (Dover / Clifton - Route 202 / 46).
Turn left at light. Hotel on left side.

>From Route 287 North: Take exit #41A (Route 80 East / Route 46). Bear
right following signs for Route 46. Turn left at light onto Smith Road.
At the end of Smith Road, turn left at light onto Route 46 West. Turn
right at first light onto Route 202 North / Parsippany Blvd. Hotel on
right.

>From Route 80 West: Follow "George Washington Bridge" above.

>From Route 80 East: Take exit #42C (Route 202 North / Parsippany). Stay
in left lane. At light, turn left onto Route 202 North. Go 1/4 mile, and
bear left at fork. Go straight through traffic light across Route 46.
Hotel on right.

>From Tappan Zee Bridge: Take Route 287 West / Route 87 North to exit #15
(Route 287 South). Follow directions from 287 South (above).

>From Route 46 East: Follow signs for Route 202 North. Take jughandle
around Exxon station and cross Route 46 through traffic light. Hotel on
right.

>From Route 46 West: Turn right at traffic light onto Route 202 North.
Hotel on right.

Check out The Laboratory Robotics Interest Group web page at
http://www.netcom.com/~zaayenga