anti CD14 mAb: LPS agonist?

Michael A. Fishman maf at
Thu Nov 20 20:43:38 EST 1997

SDWOLPE wrote:
> CD14 is not a signalling molecule.  It is bound to the membrane by glycolipids
> rather than having a transmembrane domain.  There are therefore no antibodies
> to it with agonist activity.

That doesn't imply it is not a signalling molecule.
Maybe it is associated with something that does have
a transmembranal etc domains. I mean, it is not on the
membrane to give us an additional marker.

Michael A. Fishman,
Mail Stop K-710, Group T-10,
Theoretical Biology & Biophysics    phone: 505-665-3799
Los Alamos National Laboratory      fax:   505-665-3493
Los Alamos, NM, 87545             email: maf at