A ? regarding NK cells

S. MORI smori at NMSU.Edu
Tue Nov 25 01:42:49 EST 1997

Hello Immunologists...
I have a question about NK cells... Is there any evidence for NK cells
migrating to the site of a solid tumour?? From what I know is that NK's
are largely found in the spleen while almost absent in the lymph nodes...
Can they migrate from blood vessels to a tumour? This of course
would require chemotactic signals for their attraction. Do we find solid
tumours infiltrated with NK cells? If so do you believe that a clonal
expansion is possible for NK cells?
Thanks a million for your help...

--
				_/\_