Attaching cells to Biosilon beads

Russell Mortishire-Smith Russell_Mortishire-Smith at merck.com
Thu Nov 27 10:36:29 EST 1997

I'm a postgraduate student doing a PhD in association with Merck, and
I am using Biosilon beads from Nunc to immobilize LTK- cells
for in vitro experiments. The cells grow fine in Dulbecco's medium,
but when the medium is changed to simple buffer (for the NMR expt)
containing just NaCl, KCl, MgSO4, phosphate, HEPES &c the cells
rapidly fall off the beads. I can't use Dulbecco's for the
experiments.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this should be, or how to get
around it.

Thanks!

for Ailish Forristal (University of Nottingham, UK).

--
Russell Mortishire-Smith, Spectroscopy Group
Neuroscience Research Centre

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.