HLA Typing

Paulo Santos psantos at gemini.ci.uc.pt
Thu Oct 2 16:49:23 EST 1997

Dear Victor,

Several groups are using a PCR SSP method derived from the one published
by Bunce et. al. Tissue Antigens 1995: 46, 355-367.
It's known as "phototyping" and was established for HLA-A, -B, -C,
-DRB1, -DRB3, -DRB4, -DRB5 and -DQB1 in a single session, if you have
the required equipment (PCR machines and electroforesis tanks).
This method has been tested in International Cell and DNA Exchanges for
Quality Control with satisfatory results.

Our lab replaced routine serology one year ago and we are satisfied with
that!

--
Paulo Santos
LUSOTRANSPLANTE - Centro de Histocompatibilidade do Centro