Methylcholanthrene

Ian Davis davis at licre.ludwig.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 19:52:20 EST 1997

I need a bit of advice please.  I need to use methylcholanthrene to
induce syngeneic tumours in transgenic mice.  I understand it has been
used topically on skin and also given subcutaneously.  If anyone has
used this stuff, please tell me:

How much to use and how.
What precautions need to be taken to avoid risks to staff (direct
contact, aerosol).  Obviously universal precautions will be used and all
waste disposed of as hazardous waste.
How long is it excreted (ie how long do precautions on bedding and
excreta need to be in place)?

Email replies preferred please to avoid cluttering the groups (and I
don't regularly read bionet.toxicology).

Thanks,
Ian Davis					davis at licre.ludwig.edu.au