Preventing allergic reaction to Prosorba column?

rayzzz at sirius.com rayzzz at sirius.com
Wed Oct 29 21:13:15 EST 1997

Hi, all--

A patient needs to use a Prosorba Column which is a kind of blood
filtration system for a physical problem, an ailment that they have. This
particular Prosorba Column uses a protein so the blood that goes through it
is going to be coming in contact with this protein. Because of this
sometimes people develop an allergic reaction, have an allergic reaction to
it. We want to know if there is any kind of prophylactic to use before
using this machine. Is there anything that can be done to lessen or prevent
this allergic reaction from occurring. It is very important because this
machine will have to be used over a long period of time.

Thanks very much. Please email me.

Katherine

Take the zzz out of my address to write to me.