Corrected post: High complement level in RA?

rayzzz at sirius.com rayzzz at sirius.com
Thu Oct 30 09:47:57 EST 1997

Hi, all--

A patient with RA has been tested for complement (C3, C4, and CH50) and the
results were high: C3=258, C4=47; and IgG=1950

1. How rare is it for someone to have high complement levels when they have
RA? Why would it happen? Could it be pointing to something else going on?

2. On a related subject--would apheresis treatment with the Prosorba column
be useful for a patient with high complement levels? Note: the patient does
have high Immunoglobulin levels -- IgG and IgE.

Please email me. Thanks very much.

Katherine

Take the zzz out of my address to write to me.