CD 4 cell isolation

Scotty Wilcoxen wilcoxen at hsc.usc.edu
Tue Sep 2 22:15:00 EST 1997

 In our lab we often need to make T cell rich populations, specifically CD4+
and CD8+, and we use the MACS system.  It gives great yields.  They use an
anti-CD4 or anti-CD8 Ab conjugated to a metallic bead.  This solution is
then passed through a column with steel shavings in it.  The column sits in
a huge magnet, and your desired fraction is either eluted out, or remains in
the column.   It is a bit slow, and VERY costly.  I hope this helps.

Scott Wilcoxen
wilcoxen at hsc.usc.edu

Robert Owe-Young wrote in article <33FC2D88.6B29 at cfi.unsw.edu.au>...