Anti-coagulants

Michael G. Angell Ph.D. Michael.Angell at emich.edu
Sun Sep 14 17:12:47 EST 1997

Greetings,

This is directed to those doing blastogenesis work
with periperhal blood, especially those working with
a rabbit model.

Is there a preferred anticoagulant to use for 1) PBL
blastogenesis assays, and 2) Fluoresence microscopy?

I am currently using EDTA but, I would like to hear
a discussion about EDTA vs. Heparin vs. Citrate.
Plus, is there a difference between Li and Na-Heparin?

Because I am lousy at newsgroup communication, answers
can be sent to my email at Michael.Angell at emich.edu.
Journal references which have done a comparative study
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Angell Ph.D.