Please Tell This Lady How to Complain

ATeasd5941 ateasd5941 at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 17:27:52 EST 1997

This is a letter off the thyroid newsgroup, now you will see what thyroid
patients come up against. If you are a decent doctor out there please
write to this lady and tell her how to complain (Sandy" <sandy at eastland.net>)

Thankyou
Carol
Subject:	Doctor reacts badly to news
From:	"Sandy" <sandy at eastland.net>
Date:	16 Sep 1997 01:29:18 GMT

I want to share with you the experience I had today with my new primary
care physician.  I showed him the newletter with the Federal Register
notice about levothyroxine sodium products.  He thought it was 'far
fetched' and not reliable information.  What followed was the worst
experience I have ever had in the 14 years of Hasimoto's.  He said he could
not work with me to regulate the TSH level if I told him how to do his job.
(!?)  Then proceeded to dismiss my symptoms as 'manifested' by the
knowledge of my levels.  I asked if he were implying that symptoms were
'all in my head'?  "Well", he said, "I can't come right out and say it."
The rest of the session, he bullied me into silence.  He gave me a new
prescription  and told me he does not want to see me again until 3 months
-- even if I do not feel well.

By the way the TSH level went from 23.9  to 0.19 in 4 weeks and my thyroid
gland is visibly swollen.

So, I will never again indicate to a doctor that I have any knowledge of my
disease and I certainly will never again complain.