bioactive molecules ONLY active via microinjection?

Austin Seo (Hae Jin) anon at unixg.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 3 20:47:14 EST 1998

Most highly polar organic compounds cannot enter cells via passive diffusion,
which is often why they make acetyl esters that can and are cleaved by esterases
once inside the cytoplasm.

I don't see why you cannot simply use a flourescent dye (eg. fluorescein, or
BAPTA...talk to the people at Molecular Probes) as your marker...it would be
quite amenable to what I think you want to do and you could just simply do a
media washout to see if they were retained in the cell or not.