NK cells and CD8

S. MORI smori at NMSU.Edu
Sat Apr 11 16:43:44 EST 1998

only a subset of NK cells show CD+ characteristics.. We do have CD8-ve
cells which have actually been implicated in positive effects on HIV
infection. Because both CD8 +/- NK's can lyse tumour cells, it would mean
that there are other receptors that must be involved in recognition.. The
Killer Inhibitory Receptors (Kir's) and a C-type lectins have been
shown to be involved in inhibiting NK killing.. I am under the conviction
that NK's are primed to kill all except that they get a negative signal
that prevents them from doing it (through Kir's and C-lectins).

--
				_/\_
			       _\  /_