Assay for LPS

JRDVMDIVER jrdvmdiver at
Tue Apr 14 01:19:26 EST 1998

In article <Pine.GSO.3.94.980414105233.2770D-100000 at student>, Schuya Murray
<s.murray at> writes:

>I am currently developing a sensitive assay for detecting minute
>quantities of LPS in the blood system of rats.  However, I'm
>sure that there is already one that can be used which I haven't discovered
>yet.  If anybody knows of such an assay, please contact me on the below
>email address.  Thank you.

The Limulus Ameobocyte Lysate assay has been used...
Also, you might want to check a reference on endotoxemia in horses with
laminitis... the authors are Harold Garner, Eleanor Green, etc... there should
be info on an assay in that paper...

Good Luck
IMHO, All Standard Disclaimers Apply
Julie A. Robinson DVM, MVSc, MS, Dipl. ABVP (Equine)