graphics-mac/pc

David L. Haviland, PhD dhavilan at IMM2.IMM.UTH.TMC.EDU
Sun Apr 19 10:02:35 EST 1998

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Jan Dutz wrote:

> I've used Cricket Graph and Kaleidagraph on a Mac in my lab but am jumping
> over to Windoze. What do budding young immunologists (and others) use on a
> Win95 platform? Excel(97/98) doesn't cut the cake IMHO. Any comments
> appreciated.

I will likely get flamed, but IMNSHO you'd be better off with Corel
Office.  Since I learned spreadsheets on Lotus, the tansition to Quatro
was seemless.  I gave Excel a chance and found I needed the manual to do
anything.  Quatro graphs whatever I need.  Personally, I've found
Presentation to be more transparent (easier to learn) than Powerpoint as
well as storing pictures in smaller files.  Only when dead would I
consider using word on a regular basis.

Again, it's a personal choice.  I actually have to have both on my Win95
machine as grant templates and other university forms are set for word.

David

David L. Haviland, PhD
Assistant Professor, Immunology
University of Texas, HSC - Houston