To All The Drugs Companies

T.D. Laing tdlaing at nospam.mailhost.dres.dnd.ca
Mon Apr 20 16:15:29 EST 1998

In article <1998041722283500.SAA04103 at ladder03.news.aol.com>,
ateasd5941 at aol.com (ATeasd5941) wrote:

> Thalidomide may be anti-angiogenic; it's theorized to affect cellular
> migration that occurs when endothelial cells form new vessels
> (angiogenesis).  If vessels don't form, the dividing cells in the limb
> buds can't obtain the necessary nutrients so they slow down/stop growth
> and hence limbs are stunted. <<<<<
>
> That is a load of rot, prove me wrong using the science available
> * now *, not a theory of someone elses. Beware of someone elses
> science it can lead you off down the wrong track!!!

Considering that you didn't bother to answer the cited references, just
pulled this quote out of context to try to obfuscate the issue, I don't
even know why I should bother.  The person who asked the original
question, as to HOW thalidomide might work, wanted an answer, and I gave
it according to "the science available * now *". 1994 was 4 years ago,
according to my calendar.  Don't you also want to know how thalidomide
might cause the horrible defects that it does?

Before putting foot in mouth further, CarolT, try pulling up references
using the keywords "thalidomide" and "angiogenesis" from Medline.  Among
them you'll get the references I cited in my previous post.  Then we'll
chat.

T.

--
T.D. Laing
tdlaing at mailhost.dres.dnd.ca

Remove "nospam" from my e-mail address to reply.

My opinions do not reflect those of my employers.