which cytokines as adjuvants?

Thomas Schnibbe schnibbe at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
Tue Apr 21 11:31:31 EST 1998

Dear colleagues,
imagine you want to administer a synthetic vaccine construct to Balb/c
mice. The construct shall confer protective immunity against a bacterial
pathogen (the bac is not an intracellular pathogen).
You now want to add cytokines as adjuvants.
My questions: Which cytokines would you use? What is the state of the
art in the confusing field of cytokine interaction/networking for this
approach?
Any references/citations for _this_ question? (I got all the _basic_
cytokine papers I would guess....)

My thoughts are to favor a Th2 response and to use IL-4 and GM-CSF. I
also wonder whether IL-12 would fit to this set.

Thank you very much in advance,
Thomas Schnibbe