which cytokines as adjuvants?

Peter Ashton pda2 at york.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 14:06:00 EST 1998

Thomas

IL-4 is a good idea, but if GM-CSF results in more activated macrophages you
will get more IFN-gamma produced and a tendency to switch to Th1. A better
idea might well be to use IL-10 since this should stimulate Th2 cytokine
production and at the same time supress production of gamma. IL-12 is a bad
idea since this again will lead to more IFN-gamma production by activating
macrophages and NK cells. IL-5 might be the other possibility, but if it
were my experiment I would try IL-10 first.

Pete

<353CC9E3.2DE91FE0 at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de>...