Rat hybridoma develpment problem

Joe Chandler mbiotec at maine.rr.com
Fri Aug 21 07:43:04 EST 1998

I have recently run into a problem when performing rat spleen cell and F/O
myeloma cell fusions.  I am not getting any fusion products.  I have had
many successful fusions over the years and now this problem has me
perplexed.  It seems completely out of th eblue.  I have tried varying the
conditions: 1. adding HAT 24 hours after the fusion; 2. adding thymocyte
feeder layer; 3. reducing the concentration of aminopterin, etc and nothing
seems to help.  Can anyone offer any other suggestions.
Thanks