AIDS-dot-ORG ( ) Launched for World AIDS Day

F. Frank LeFever flefever at
Wed Dec 2 22:16:02 EST 1998

Speaking of AIDS, what happened to the marathon battle in this
newsgroup between the wacko who denied any connection between HIV and
AIDS and someone who persisted in giving the wacko evidence he couldn't
or wouldn't handle?  I joined in from time to time.  Did I help scare
him away by pointing up his (gradually revealed) homophobia as a
possible basis for his irrationality and vehemence?

Or did they kill each other?  Or move it to a different venue?

All I know is, the battle was still raging when I left for the Society
for Neuroscience meeting (c. Nov. 5) and it was gone when I returned
(c. Nov. 13).

F. LeFever

In <742jnh$jqu$3 at> updates at (AIDS-dot-ORG)
>New York, NY (November 30, 1998) -- New AIDS therapies are giving new
life to
>thousands.  But with the complexity of combination drug therapy,
>treatment information is more critical than ever.
>For World AIDS Day ( December 1st ), non-profit Immunet launches its
>AIDS-dot-ORG web address: ',' making it easier to stay
>"The AIDS-dot-ORG name defines our mission," states Mark F. Johnson,
>and founder of AIDS-dot-ORG / Immunet. "People worldwide will easily
>critical HIV and AIDS information by simply typing '' in any
>web browser."
>"AIDS-dot-ORG is the logical starting point for finding AIDS treatment

>information on the web," says Gary Schaff, Director of Communications
>Immunet.  "We invite other information providers and AIDS
organizations to
>work with us, so that everyone can benefit from the easy to remember
>'' web address."
>AIDS-dot-ORG includes the respected AIDS Treatment News archive,
>Continuing Medical Education programs (CME), Direct AIDS Alternative
>Information Resources (DAAIR),  the Immunet AIDS BookStore with over
>titles, independent AIDS book reviews, medical conference listings and

>abstracts, a resource directory, hotline phone numbers, and links to
>information on other web sites.
>Immunet has enjoyed immense popularity since launching the first
>accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs on AIDS
Treatment in
>1996, and was the first to offer on-line CMEs in an
>format.  In only 3 years, Immunet has received over 9 million hits
from over
>140 countries.
>Founded in 1993, Immunet is a non-profit organization dedicated to
>the power of the Internet in the battle against HIV/AIDS. As a
>Immunet can assure that its AIDS-dot-ORG outlet provides unbiased
> "The answer to AIDS lies in a thousand pieces," says Mark Johnson,
"and if we
>can connect those pieces, we can find a cure for HIV and AIDS.
Nothing is
>more important in the fight against AIDS than building a community
>to the free and open exchange of information and alternatives."
Immunet has