F. Frank LeFever flefever at
Thu Feb 19 22:45:11 EST 1998

In <Pine.OSF.3.91.980219091742.23968C-100000 at leofric> CAGED TIGER
<mailoo at> writes:
>I'm looking for evidence on how a persons state of mind can effect
>immune system  eg Depression, or anxiety.  Can anybody send me
>information, or a reading list?
>Thank you

One of the speakers at the New York Neuropsychology Group's May 2
conference will speak on "Neuroimmunology and Depression"; I'll just
mention that relationships are complex, and it is a two-way street
(immune activity can influence mood and vice versa).  If you have
access to a medical library, check out Janis L. Anderson (she's at
Harvard Medical School, Dept. of Psychiatry).  Also look for (numerous)
papers by M. Maes.

Rober Ader (U. of Rochester) will also speak on conditioning and
psychoneuroimmunology, including some aspects of stress and immune

(Plus several others)

Frank LeFever