Immunsing to get IgG

Chris Weir cweir at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU
Tue Feb 24 00:07:41 EST 1998

Hi all,
   I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good papers on theories
why when immunising with specific organisms or proteins the IgM
response dominates even after a full immunisation programme.
 I've got one theory that some antigens (due to there
characteristics ie too large etc.) when introduced do not require the
help of T-Lymphocytes to stimulate B-Cells into antibody production .
Resulting in less isotype switching and reduced affinity maturation
of mabs produced.
 Does anyone know any more theories?

Thanks in Advance

Chris Weir