Macrophage activation marker?

trox at trox at
Wed Jun 3 17:13:41 EST 1998

I would need to isolate LPS-activated mouse macrophage cells
(RAW or J774) by magnetic separation with antibodies. For this,
I would need a cell surface antigen that has low or undetectable basal
expression level in resting macrophage but upregulated expression
in activated macrophage. I have tried already CD14, Mac-1 and
CD25. Trouble with CD14 and Mac-1 is quite that they have high basal
expression levels based on FACS analysis. I did not see any CD25
expression at all.

Any information is appreciated.

Tapani Ronni, PhD
Howard Hughes Medical Institute/UCLA School of Medicine