how to conjugate the peptide to KLH

Bin Tang btang at POST.ITS.MCW.EDU
Tue Jun 30 14:52:11 EST 1998

Dear Dr Liu:

As far as I know, there are several different methods to coup the
synthetic peptide to carrier protein. Here is the protocol we used.

1.To a 15ml glass tube, add 5 mg KHL and 1ml borate buffer(PH10).Dissolve
  by gentle mixing on a stir plate, then add 10umol(5mg) synthetic
2.Slowly add 0.5ml of freshly prepared 0.3% glutaraldehyde solution while
  stirring at room temperature for 2 hours.
3.Add 0.125ml of 1M glycine to block unreacted glutaraldehyde for 30 min.
4.Dialyze against orate buffer(PH8.5).

That's it. If you have any question, we can discuss it later.

Dr. Tang,Bin