apply for a postdoc position of immunology
zzhyang at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 6 09:17:28 EST 1998
I would like to apply for a postdoctoral position of immunology in USA.
I received a doctoral degree from Tongji Medical University, which is a
key university directly under Chinese National Ministry of Health, on
July 1996. During my study and work as a postgraduate and a lecturer, I
have finished some research on several themes, which include projects
supported by Chinese National Natural Science Foundation, and mastered a
lot of experimental skills in molecular biology, immunology and human
genetics. From researching and teaching of immonology in a few years, I
am very interested in several fields such as immunogenetics,
immunological biology, autoimmunity, vaccine development, cancer
If there is opening in your laboratory, please contact me or Dr Wang
Weihan(Critical Care Medical Department, NIH, Building 10, Room 4D19,
Bethesda, MD 20892. Tel 301 4352319. Email address: wwang at pop.cc.nih.gov
). Thank you very much.
Enclosed please find a copy of my C.V .
Department of Immunology
Tongji Medical University
13, Hangkong Road
Mar. 6, 1998
Marital status:Married, with one child
Current address:Dept. of Immunology, Tongji Medical University, 13,
Hangkong Rd, Wuhan, 430030 PR. China
E-mail:zzhyang at hotmail.com
1991-1996:Postgraduate in Tongji Medical University, Majored in
Immunology, pursued Ph.D, the Degree awarded in July, 1996.
1981-1986:Undergraduate in Tongji Medical University, Majored in
Medicine,received Bachelor of Medicine.
1996-present:Tongji Medical University, Wuhan , Lecturer, Dept. of
Immunology. Taught Immunology to medical students at both undergraduate
and postgraduate level, directed laboratory experiments of Immunology
for the students.
1986-1991: Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, Teaching-assistant, Dept.
of Immunology, Directed laboratory experiments of Immunology for medical
students at undergraduate level.
1996-present: Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China.
1.Determine the diversity of immune responsiveness between
different haplotypes and the role of the diversity in transplantation.
2.Association of HLA-class II alleles(DRB1,DQB1,DPB1) and
Mysathenia Gravis in Chinese Hubei Han nationality.
1991-1996: Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China.
1. Establishment of B lymphoblastoid cell lines(LCLs)
transformed by EBV of normal individuals and SLE patients family bearing
different HLA haplotypes.
2. Identification of the Chinese-characteristic HLA
3. Association between the complement C4 gene polymorphism
4. Study on production and polymorphism of TNF of LCLs
bearing different HLA haplotypes.
MASTERED EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUES
The below methods of molecular biology, histology, immunology have been
used in my research projects and student experiments.
1. Experimental animal treatment(mouse, rat and rabbit)
2. Cell culture (NIH3T3 cell, L929 cell, etc) and B-cell EBV
3. Southern, Northern blotting
4. RT-PCR, PCR-SSP, DNA lable technique(dig-dATP),
5. Western bloting and ELISA to determine expressed protein
6. Cytotoxicity assay, Cytokine bioassay
7. Apoptosis assay technique(DNA ladder, TUNEL).
Co-edited Basic Immunology, Published by Hubei Science and Technology
1. Association of MHC class II molecules and autoimmune
diseases(Review). Immunological Journal. 1995; 11(4):290-293.
2. The genetic polymorphism of TNF in autoimmune diseases(Review).
Foreign Medical Sciences. 1995; 18(6):309-311.
3. The RFLP of HLA central region revealing the genetic conservation of
HLA haplotype. Immunological Journal. 1996; 12(2):96.
4. A research on the fourth coplement component (C4) RFLP of SLE
patients of Hubei Han Nationality. Chinese Journal of Immunology. 1997;
5. A simple and practical method of establishing EBV-transformated B
lymphoblastoid cell lines. Acta of Tongji Medical University.
6. The effect of genetic polymorphism of HLA class I and class II on TNF
production in LCLs. Chinese Journal of Immunology. 1997;(in press).
7. Association between HLA class-II alleles(DRB1,DQB1) and the
susceptibility to Myasthenia Gravis in Chinese Hubei Han
nationality.Chinese Journal and Microbiology and Immunology(submitted
8. Polymorphism of HLA class II alleles(DRB1,DQB1 and DPB1) by PCR-SSP
in Chinese Hubei Han nationality. Chinese Journal of
Immunology(submitted for publication).
1. Feili Gong: Professor and Chairman of Department of Immunology,
Tongji Medical University, Wuhan 430030, P.R. China. Email
address:myxjys at tjmu.edu.cn
2. Dr.Weihan Wang: Critical Care Medicine Department, NIH, Building 10,
Room 4D19, Bethesda, MD 20892. USA. Tel 301 4352319. Email
address:wwang at pop.cc.nih.gov
3.Xiongwen Wu: Professor and Director of Sino-Australial Friendship
Laboratory of Complement, Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical
University, Wuhan 430030, P.R. China
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
More information about the Immuno