The Good and Bad of Childhood Illnesses

Graham Shepherd muhero at globalnet.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 15:01:10 EST 1998

I can remember being miserable with mumps, measles and chicken pox as a
child. It's bad enough having the non preventable diseases (most respiratory
viruses, for example). Fortunately I avoided the worst consequences of these
diseases (eg blindness or deafness in measles). My cousin wasn't so lucky.
His mother had rubella when pregnant, and my cousin suffered permanent
damage as a result - relatively mild, but if there had been a vaccine it
wouldn't have happened at all.

So I'll take the madness, thank you, in preference to stupidity, for which
there will never be a vaccine.

GS

<19980313210701.QAA23258 at ladder01.news.aol.com>...