Unstable IgM

Mike Clark mrc7 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 07:44:55 EST 1998

In article <350B1341.5C2B at bora.dacom.co.kr>, petergun
<URL:mailto:petergun at bora.dacom.co.kr> wrote:
> petergun wrote:
> >
> > Dear sir!
> > I have made a fusion protein(cytokine-IgM),but it is not stable.
> > The fusion protein can be find as hexamer or pentamer on SDS gel,
> > but some days later it degeaded in monomer all of them.
> > I think ,the unstable phenomenon of the fusion protein is occoured
> > from nature of IgM.How to solve this unstable problem of IgM.
> > Yhank you.

Are you transfecting the fusion protein into a cell line which makes
J-chain, eg a myeloma or plasmacytoma cell line? IgM subunits can
polymerise in the absence of J-chain but may not be as stable.

Mike Clark,         <URL:http://www.path.cam.ac.uk/~mrc7/mikeimages.html>
--
 o/ \\    //            ||  ,_ o   M.R. Clark, PhD. Division of Immunology
<\__,\\  //   __o       || /  /\,  Cambridge University, Dept. Pathology