Glycosylation in insect cells

simon fox askari at
Sun Mar 22 00:17:35 EST 1998

Dear all,
I am hoping to produce a melanoma-associated protein in insect cells
using a baculovirus vector.  I am looking for a good source of
information on glycosylation of proteins in insect cells.  Also, I need
to find out what this glycosylation will do to my protein if injected
into a human system - the protein is to be used as an immunogen in
humans - what effect will the glycosylation have in terms of protection
from proteolytic cleavage, masking of epitopes etc.  Any and all
information welcomed.

email to :fox_s at