What prevent growth in H2O bath?

Dom Spinella dspinella at chugaibio.com
Tue Mar 24 17:58:41 EST 1998

> What do I pout in my water bath to prevent growth? Without harming my
> colleagues.
> Thanks
> EVA

Eva:
Most of the big scientific supply houses sell versions of bath algicides
to prevent the growth of algae in water baths.  We use one from VWR
called Clear Bath Algicide (Cat No. 13272-031).  I do agree with Frank
LeFever's implicit warning in the previous posting however:  This
product will not prevent all possible growth or harm when bathing with
your colleagues (perhaps you should just shower together and keep out of
the water baths).
Cheers.
--Dom Spinella