What prevent growth in H2O bath?

Per Mygind perm at medmicro.aau.dk
Wed Mar 25 07:06:44 EST 1998

Dom Spinella wrote:
> > What do I pout in my water bath to prevent growth? Without harming my
> > colleagues.
> > Thanks
> > EVA
> Eva:
> Most of the big scientific supply houses sell versions of bath algicides
> to prevent the growth of algae in water baths.  We use one from VWR
> called Clear Bath Algicide (Cat No. 13272-031).  I do agree with Frank
> LeFever's implicit warning in the previous posting however:  This
> product will not prevent all possible growth or harm when bathing with
> your colleagues (perhaps you should just shower together and keep out of
> the water baths).
> Cheers.
> --Dom Spinella
We usually just throw a cobbercontaining coin (danish) in the waterbath
- it stays clean for very long that way
It's that easy ;-)

If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47, fax   : 86 19 61 28