What is Ontosein? (Spanish/Espagnol)

Dom Spinella dspinella at chugaibio.com
Thu May 28 14:27:34 EST 1998

> A friend of mine is keen to find out the English name for Ontosein which she 
> recently had injected into her shoulder joint while on holiday in Spain. It 
> seems likely that it is a steroid injection... could anyone confirm this ?
> Many thanks
> Kevin Mercer

I believe the English name is orgotein (also goes by the trade name
"Palosein").  It is, in fact, Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase.  As far as I
know, its use (in the U.S. at least) is limited to veterinary (horses
and dogs) applications as an anti-inflammatory agent. Cheers.
--Dom Spinella

More information about the Immuno mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net