immune response to vaccinations?

APic apic at
Fri May 29 21:52:15 EST 1998

I am researching the length of time required for a vaccination to produce an
immune response in a human and in a dog.  I am aware that the immune state
affects the response, but for practical purposes,  my base subject would be an
unvaccinated mammal at 6 months of age, thus maternal antibodies would be

Also, if this mammal were  subjected to the disease, i.e. distemper in the dog,
and it was then vaccinated against this disease, what would be the most usual

Would appreciate any information with references.  Thanx