Question about marijuana

Ashley luvmuzk at aol.com
Sun Nov 15 16:59:00 EST 1998

To whomever,

I am researching for a position paper in my Honors Biology class.  My topic
is to illustrate the pros and cons of legalizing marijuana for medical
purposes.  I have been reading many webpages about the topic (most are in
favor of legalization...go figure).  I know there are many ill effects
linked to smoking marijuana; however, I was wondering if the same effects
are experienced if it is swallowed as a pill (which I assume is the form in
which "medicinal marijuana" ?  Some of these effects include:
    -respiratory problems
    -memory/perception/reaction time loss
    -loss of coordination
    -alteration of heart rate, leading to anxiety, panic, paranoia, etc.
    -adverse effects on the reproduction system
    -decreased immune system

Are any of these related to non-smoking use of marijuana?  Could anyone
point me to references and/or webpages that offer facts on this area of the
topic?

Thanks so much!!  I really appreciate it.
Ashley Puig