Question about allergic reactions.

Joseph A. Price, Ph.D. pjoseph at
Tue Oct 6 12:07:30 EST 1998

In article <AZLQ1.74$Mq1.187445 at>, sanyal at
>I am very allergic to cats, ...
>When I returned to Canada, I was surprised that I did not display any
>allergic symptoms when I was exposed to cats.

>However, it has now been 6 months since I returned and I have begun to
>redisplay the exact same symptoms again,

It is most likely that your immune response to cat allergns waned without
regular stimulation while you were abroad. Thus you were unreactive or
subclinically reactive when you first returned. After enough reexposure and
time, your immune responses to cat allergen were rekindled, and your problems

Dept. Bioch. & Microbiol., OSU-COM
1111 W. 17th. St., Tulsa OK 74107
Ph. 918-561-8231  FAX 918-561-8414
pjoseph at