"AIDS Treatment News" online * New Issue #302 (searchable/indexed)

johnburgin at worldnet.att.net johnburgin at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 21 18:15:46 EST 1998

On 14 Oct 1998 17:30:57 GMT, johnburgin at worldnet.att.net wrote:

>On 14 Oct 98 07:59:45 EDT, holzmr01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu (ROBERT S.
>HOLZMAN) wrote:
>
>>In article <3623dacc.623177053 at netnews.worldnet.att.net>, johnburgin at worldnet.att.net writes:

Similar results were found in a US study comparing zidovudine with
placebo in primary HIV infection  (n=28).[46] At 48 weeks, patients
who had taken 1000 mg of zidovudine per day for 24 weeks had
higher CD4+ cell counts (median, 0.70x 109/L) than the placebo group
(median, 0.36x109/L)  (P=.02).     46. Holodniy M, Niu M, Bethel J, et
al. A pilot study to evaluate the efficacy of zidovudine (ZDV) vs
 placebo in primary HIV infection (DATRI 002). Presented at XI
International Conference on AIDS;  July 8, 1996; Vancouver, British
Columbia.
Oh, do I still have to keep digging up data, that you will refute
again that proves, once more, that I was correct when I stated that
higher dosages of monotherapy AZT had been used, RECENTLY?  Is this
one recent enough?  It certainly appears to have passed your timeline
of 1989.  jb