"AIDS Treatment News" online * New Issue #302 (searchable/indexed)

Andrew Walley awalley at radius.jr2.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 29 06:07:19 EST 1998

johnburgin at worldnet.att.net wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:02:33 +0000, Andrew Walley
> <awalley at radius.jr2.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> >Just for you and your colleagues information:
> >
> >Neutralizing and enhancing activities of human respiratory syncytial virus-specific
> >antibodies.
> Thank you, now please explain their role in the HIV=AIDS issue. jb

Enhancing antibodies may be part of the explanation of the pathogenesis of  HIV
infection. They do not directly connect HIV to the clinical syndrome AIDS. They are a
characteristic of many antigen-antibody reactions as shown by the references. You simply
stated that you could find no references to them and so I thought it a good idea to
provide some.

Andrew Walley