mark mark.haynes at
Wed Sep 16 13:10:35 EST 1998

F. Frank LeFever wrote:
> Do you mean the clean and modern lifestyle such as in the POORER
> neighborhoods of New York City, where asthma rates are especially high?
> In <6tm4gp$gq$1 at> "skyamsen"
> < at> writes:
> >
> >How much can our clean and modern lifestyle attribute to the high
> allergy
> >rates seen, esp for asthma?

I seem to remember a study in science (last year?) that uncovered a
corelation with vaccinations and asthma in which the opinion was that the
 vaccinated children were not getting 'natural' upper resperatory
infections and this may result in increased sensitivity due to a skewed
local concentration of immune cells.  but then again i could have that