using digital camera with a Nikon microscope

rousso at rousso at
Tue Apr 20 07:53:34 EST 1999

Hi, We have a nikon Eclipse microscope which we used for acquiring  simple
phase images in our tissue culture room. Currently we are using a regular
camera, to capture images, however, we thought of using a digital one so it
would be much easier to manipulate these images via a computer. Does anyone
has any experience regarding which camera could do this task, I know that the
best way would be to have a CCD with a computer, however, we don't want to
spend that much for this purpose, and we thought that a digital camera could
do the job. Thanks Itay Rousso