Greiss Reagent reaction equation

David W. Mullins dmullins at VIRGINIA.EDU
Wed Feb 3 13:44:01 EST 1999

Adam,

Try the following:
Green et al,  Anal.Biochem 126 (1982): 131-138
Kelm et al, J.Biol.Chem. 272 (1997): 9922-9932
Vodovotz, Biotechniques 20 (1996): 390-394
Moncada et al, Pharmacol.Rev. 43 (1991): 109-142

or look for Methods in nitric oxide research / edited by Martin Feeli,
published by John Wiley and Sons 1996 (a great reference book).

If you still have trouble, or need more info, let me know.

dm

>To: immuno at net.bio.net
>From: Adam <badam1 at uakron.edu>
>Subject: Greiss Reagent reaction equation
>Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 02:30:43 -0800
>
>Hello,
>I'm doing a research project that uses the Greiss reagant which is used
>to detect NO levels in supernatant.  I was wondering if anyone knew the
>specific chemical equation for the reaction of the Greiss reagent and
>the NO or a reference that would have it.
>Thanks for your help,
>Adam

David W. Mullins, Ph.D.
Beirne B. Carter Center for Immunology Research
MR 4 Box 4012
University of Virginia Health Sciences Center
Charlottesville, VA  22908

voice: 804 924-1706
fax: 804 924-1221
email: dmullins at virginia.edu