neutrophil isolation

Eric Park yhp4n at node5.unix.Virginia.EDU
Thu Feb 4 14:37:07 EST 1999

I'm encountering some problems when I try to isolate neutrophils from my
blood.  I'm using a Ficoll-Hypaque solution when I centrifuge the blood.
This technique works great for several other people but not for me.  A lot
of RBCs are remaining in the neutrophil layer and not settling down to the
bottom of the tube.  Does anyone know why this is happening to my blood?

Personal info:
Blood type is B+ Rh+
Asian male 22 years old

Insights would be helpful since this is a mildly annoying problem in my
research by begging for volunteers instead of tapping my own blood.