Ascites Purification

Niki Boyd nboyd at JULIAN.UWO.CA
Mon Feb 8 17:42:26 EST 1999

I have a small volume of ascites (500 ul) at a concentration of about
3.7 mg/ml.  I want to purify the ascites so that I can conjugate it to a
fluorophore but I don't want to use a protein A or protein G column
because I have such a small amount of ascites and am afraid of losing
it.  Does anyone have any ideas for a method of purification that
doesn't result in too great a loss of yield and doesn't require a large
amount of ascites?  I thought that the EZSep Kit from Pharmacia might be
a good way to go but have heard conflicting things about this product.

Thanks in advance
Niki Boyd
University of Western Ontario
nboyd at