neutrophil isolation

Michael J. Richards richarmj at slu.edu
Fri Feb 12 09:52:30 EST 1999

I have used this gradient some years ago for chemotaxis studies and obtained
very pure neutrophil preps. As I recall you first dilute the anticoagulated
whole blood 50/50 with 150mM saline and overlay your ficoll-hypaque gradient and
after spin collect your bottom pellet which is neutrophil/RBC mix and then lyse
off the RBC's

--
Michael J. Richards
Research Biochemist