Antibody response to tetanus

Anonymous anonymous at anonymous.edu
Tue Feb 16 12:32:38 EST 1999

Immunology experts, your wisdom is hereby requested!  (Please respond to
the newsgroup.)

Would a 7-month old baby who has not been vaccinated against tetanus be
capable of mounting a sufficient immune response if exposed (through an
open wound) to tetani spores?

Please consider that the mother was last vaccinated against tetanus when

one month pregnant with the infant.  Also, and importantly, the mother
is breastfeeding the baby at least 5 times per day.

If anyone has an answer, thank you!  Also, if anyone can direct me to a
study based on the extent of tetanus immunity conferred to breastfed
infants and young children, I would sincerely appreciate your help.