Danger of Danger: Cancer immunology

D Forsdyke forsdyke1 at home.com
Tue Nov 2 16:42:29 EST 1999

Hello All,
          It has been proposed that macromolecular aggregations in the
cytosol constitute alarm signals which result in selective MHC-peptide
presentation (and much more). There was some interesting discussion when
I raised this topic in this newsgroup several months ago. I have now
posted a paper at my web-site (URL below) from the latest issue of Cell
Stress and Chaperones, which further explores the "alarm" or "danger"
theme as applied to the problem of the often individual-specific nature
of cancer antigens.

Sincerely,
Donald Forsdyke. Discussion Leader Bionet.immunology

http://post.queensu.ca/~forsdyke/theorimm.htm