FK506 (tacrolimus) in vitro

Guy Hermans guy.hermans at
Tue Nov 2 17:22:50 EST 1999

In article <VnnR3.4298$6y2.106215 at>, "Paula Lavery"
<plaver at> wrote:

> We are having problems getting FK506 into solution to use in some in vitro
> assays. It readily dissolves in EtOH (0.2M) but it precipitates out whenever
> we try to dilute it further into culture medium. We tried adding some Tween
> 80 to the solution but it didn't help. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Tied DMSO? Toxic, but dissolves many molecules really well, so you can
dilute it strongly with medium before use.

Good luck,

Guy Hermans

Guy Hermans, PhD
Dept. of Neurology and Neurological Sciences
Beckman Institute
Stanford University, CA
Tel. (650) 723-6757
Fax. (650) 725-0627