Antibody for MHC class I-peptide complex for immunohistochemistry

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Sat Nov 13 22:21:29 EST 1999

In article <x1pX3.1$pM1.629 at rockyd.rockefeller.edu>,
Kang Liu <kang.liu at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know whether there is antibody can stain fixed cells or tissue
>sections for MHC class I-peptide complex? Since I heard that normally
>peptide falls off after fixation. Any good suggestion for fixing condition?

In fixation methods I'm familiar with, peptide does not fall off the
complex after fixation.  If you're after antibodies that are specific for
individual peptides, though, there's a very limited selection; perhaps two
or three.  If all you're after is staining "properly folded" MHC class I,
then you should be okay, thoguh you may need to explore conditions a
little.

Ian